Tenants Frequently Asked Questions
Does your Office have an After-Hours Drop Box?Yes.
Amelia Island Office
The drop box is located at the front of the building, to the right of our main doors,
around the corner.
It is highly encouraged that you pay your rent online; available at anytime with a
checking or savings account via the Tenant Portal.
How fast can I expect my work order to be completed?Please allow 7 days for non emergency and 1-3 days for urgent matters
I did not have a pet when I moved in; may I have a pet now?First, email us with your request for a pet. Do not move a pet into the property without permission. Chaplin Williams Rentals will contact the owner and submit your request. If the owner does allow the pet, a non-refundable pet fee will be required and a pet addendum must be signed
What do I do in case of emergencies?The following are some types of real emergencies. These are situations in which Management should be contacted immediately. Please use your best discretion for those situations not listed.
- When security has been breached or is threatened by burglary, vandalism, or other disturbances. Please contact 911 immediately, and then call us.
- Lack of heat in Winter — when outdoor Temp is below 40 Degrees
- Damage caused by wind, storm, fire, which directly impacts the safety of your unit inside or out.
- Flooding caused by Plumbing Breakdown.
- Back-up of sewer or other sanitary facility.
- Electrical failures or short circuit
- Inoperable door or window locks.
We accept all other non emergency maintenance requests 24/7 online via the
Please note that it is the responsibility of our residents to handle the
- Unclogging toilets and drains
- Replacing light bulbs
- Replacing smoke detector batteries
- Flipping circuit breakers
- Flipping Ground Fault Circuit Interceptors (GFCI, GFI, Outlets in Bathrooms and Kitchen)
Any charges incurred by vendors due to the above tenant responsibilities will be added to the tenants obligations the following month.
What do I do to Add or Remove a Roommate?The first thing to note is it is a requirement of your lease that everyone living on the premises is on the lease. It is also important to note that once on a lease we are not legally obliged to allow a removal.
With that said, in some area roommates are common and we will accommodate whenever possible. The key notes are:
- All Roommates must apply and pay the application fee. Fill out an application for any listing and we will attach it to the approved property.
- There is a $100.00 Roommate Fee. This fee is payable up front and covers up to one addition and/or one deletion.
- We do not process damage deposits with roommate changes. You will need to sign a document stating the damage deposit stays with the original lease and the leaseholders will need to determine who pays the deposit. Upon move out, one Security Deposit check will be issued. Made jointly payable to each person listed on the Lease.
- Again, it is a lease violation to not follow this process, subject to eviction.