North Florida Property Management
We Can Help Manage Your North Florida Rental Property
Are you looking for a Property Manager or Property Management Company in the Amelia Island, Fernandina Beach, Yulee or North Florida area to manage an existing rental home or an investment property you own or are about to purchase? Below you will find answers to some common questions regarding our property management services. These are questions you should ask any Property Manager you are interviewing.
The Benefits of using Chaplin Williams Rentals
- No hassle management
- Automated owner statements
- Online Owner Portal Access
- Industry leading marketing tools
- 24/7 maintenance request handling
- Prompt Response to Tenant Requests
- Low vacancy rate
- Low time on market
- Industry specific local knowledge
What we do as your property manager:
- Fill vacancies
- Advertise your rental
- Handle tenant inquiries
- Background and credit investigations
- Application processing
- Lease signing
- Full service repair
- Rent collection
- Handle Tenant excuses
Inquire About Our Services
At Chaplin Williams, we don't believe in scare tactics or just telling you what you want to hear . we understand that you want peace of mind when dealing with your investment. That's why we share the facts…and the biggest fact is: Every Property Is Unique. And while the properties are unique, there are some things all property owners should consider when managing your own property and tenants:
- If you manage your property, you will be the one receiving the calls in the middle of the night for repairs.
- The tenant will have complete access to you via telephone, email, and address. You are at their beck and call.
- You have an emotional attachment to the house. This can and will affect your ability to be objective when it comes to the property and makes it hard to view both sides fairly, which can sometimes lead to messy court battles.
- Some tenants don't pay their rent on time, or at all.Do you know the Florida laws for eviction?
- If the rent is late, there is no buffer when having to confront the tenant and collect the late fee from them
- Do you want to go by your property on a regular basis, and do all the inspections?
Out of Area/State Owners
- How will you monitor the condition of your property?
- What happens if the tenant fails to pay their rent? How do you start eviction or even collect the late fee without being here?
- Where do you keep the security deposit? By Florida law any Security Deposits or Advanced Rents must be held in a Florida bank, which must be disclosed to the tenant.Should you have interest or non-interest bearing account?
- What happens when something needs repair? Do you have access to reliable, licensed and insured vendors in the area to respond within 24 hours or sooner to solve the problem?
- If you have a "No Pets" policy for the home how do you know that they haven't acquired one after moving in?
- Is the lawn drying because of neglect? Re-sodding can be an expensive result.
- When you receive a violation letter from the HOA, do you have someone that can represent you to make sure you don't have to pay any penalties?
We understand that a lot of times by trying to save a small amount of money, it can end up
costing double, triple or sometimes more. We feel that hiring a Property Manager is a small price
to pay to have the confidence that your property is being well maintained and kept in the best
possible condition. Should you decide to sell your property in the future we can assist you with
the sale and will help you reach the best price point for you.
Whether it's one or 100 properties, you get our proven system of property management which maximizes rental income and keeps maintenance costs low while providing a safe and comfortable home to your tenants. Our system offers:
- Accurate accounting of all funds with a monthly rental proceeds distribution either by check or direct deposit. Plus access to an owner portal on our website where you can retrieve all historical data as well as actual copies of invoices paid on your behalf. You will also receive a report at year end detailing all income and expenses for easy tax preparation.
- Extensive tenant screening process. We not only pull a credit report and score, we have a tenant criteria model they must meet in order to rent. This model uses their true Fico score, past landlord tenancy check, current payroll check, past eviction search, criminal background history and well as debt to housing ratio. Based on how they score using our internal model we will accept them, decline them or after consultation with you, accept them with an additional security deposit.
- Extensive collections process. From time to time situations change and a tenant may stop paying or start paying late. All our leases require rent due on the 1st but offer a 5 day grace period. So our collections process starts on the morning of the 6th when a payment is not made. Your tenant will receive a phone call from our office following proper Fair Debt and Collections Practices Act of 1978 procedures. If by the end of the day the tenant has not made a good faith promise to pay will we post a Florida Statues 3 Day Notice to Pay letter on their door. This letter demands payment or the keys at the end of the three days. This is where most property managers stop. However we keep reaching out to the tenant in a collection manner on a daily basis to secure either a payment, a good faith promise to pay or a payment plan signup. In the advent all this fails we will contact you and ask if you would like us to keep attempting to collect or start the evictions process. The act of Eviction will always be your call.
- Payment Portal. Your tenant will receive a free payment portal on our website where they can setup automatic payments, one time payments, view their account or submit a work order request. Some companies charge either the tenants or owners for this service. We do not because providing as many options as possible for the tenant to pay helps us ensure you receive a timely rental distribution each month. We've found that the better we treat our tenant the better they will treat your home.
- Inspection Process. We are fanatical about inspections as this is the best way to ensure your property is maintained. This will be especially important with your brand new units that will need to be kept pristine for future sale. We will be inspecting your property periodically throughout the time that we manage it. You will receive a report back stating the condition of the unit as well as photographs.
- Escrow. Following Florida Statutes guidelines we will manage all escrowed funds on behalf of your tenants in our Non interest bearing Florida Escrow account
"We are very happy with our decision to hire Chaplin Williams Rentals. We know that our properties
are always being looked after both professionally and profitably"
- Current Property Owner
Frequently Asked Questions
- View All >>